- 2 barramundi fillets, skin on
- Olive oil
- 1¼ tsp Sea salt
- 1¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh basil
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over medium heat (180-230°C) with a Weber Ware Frying Pan or hotplate.
- Lightly oil the barramundi fillets, season with salt and pepper.
- To make the tomato salsa: in a medium bowl, combine the garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Add the tomatoes, onion and basil. Toss to combine. Set aside until required.
- Place the barramundi fillets in the frying pan or on the hotplate, skin side down first and cook over direct medium heat for 7 minutes, with the lid closed, or until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Using silicone tongs, flip the barramundi over and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through (the flesh will start to flake apart).
- Serve the barramundi fillets with the tomato salsa.